The Kushkushkee Trail Chapter, NSDAR, supports our community and participates in many activities in keeping with the National Society’s objectives of historic preservation, education, and patriotism.
Some of these activities are ongoing events each year. Check out the Images/Events page, or click on (image) to see the most recent image.
- Participate in local historic programs and events (image)
- Support preservation of local historical sites and venues (image)
- Sponsor a Constitution Week Coloring Contest (image)
- Sponsor DAR American History Essay Contest
- Support DAR Schools (image)
- Volunteer to provide educational support to local students in need. DAR has many retired teachers and educators who are qualified to do this work.
- Support United States veterans and service members: (image)
o Members volunteer at the local VA hospitals (image)
o Support for Café Coffee Bean project for USO
o We hold an annual Steelers pep rally for local veterans (image)
o Collect cancelled stamps for veterans programs
- Collect supplies for the women’s shelter
- Donate to the Dress for Success program
- Distribute small U.S. flags to children while marching in Pittsburgh Veterans Day Parade in November (image)
- Participate in Bells Across America, to honor the signing of the United States Constitution (image)
- Make & send facemasks to Native American tribal groups in need (image)
- Present DAR medals and certificates to outstanding Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) and Civil Air Patrol (CAP) cadets in three area high schools
- Present DAR Youth Citizenship medals and certificates to outstanding students in two area elementary schools
- Participate in naturalization ceremonies
- Collect grocery coupons for families stationed overseas to use at Base/Post Exchange
NSDAR National Mission: Historic Preservation, Education, and Patriotism